MIRA Safety Tactical Level 4 Body Armor Plate
MIRA Safety is proud to introduce the MIRA Tactical product line and debut the MIRA Safety Tactical Level 4 Body Armor Plate. It’s designed to stop multiple impacts from armor-piercing ammunition.
Body Armor Plate
MIRA Safety is proud to introduce the MIRA Tactical product line and debut the MIRA Safety Tactical Level 4 Body Armor Plate. It's designed to stop multiple impacts from armor-piercing ammunition.
Tested to NIJ standards at a US laboratory, MIRA Tactical's Level 4 Body Armor Plate includes single curve, shooter's cut 10" x 12" ESAPI armor plates and side plates available in 6" x 6" and 6" x 8" sizes (depending on your armor carrier/cummerbund). Our hybrid armor offers an enhanced range of motion and protects the wearer from all types of small arms up to and including armor-piercing high-powered rifle rounds in 5.56, 7.62, .308, and .30-06 calibers.
Unlike typical ceramic plates, which can splinter and crack and only protect against single-shot threats, Mira Tactical's Level IV plates combine the benefits of both ceramic and polyethylene. They are lightweight ballistic plates that are easy to deploy, and they provide outstanding life-saving protection, making a great addition to one’s survival kit.
Level 4 Body Armor Plate
Gun violence will always be a threat factor for countless Americans. As seen throughout the chaos of 2020, even as the global pandemic shut down many cities and states, gun violence soared. Cities deemed safe only months ago are now witnessing gun violence at unprecedented levels. It's a sobering reminder that a bad situation can always get worse and that preparing to protect yourself and your family from any threat means protecting yourself from the human element as well. With hundreds of vendors on the market selling dozens of types of body armor, how can you possibly know which one is right for you? That's where MIRA Safety Tactical Level 4 Body Armor Plate comes in.
Like all of our protective offerings, our new poly-ceramic blend armor makes absolutely zero compromises in terms of quality and reliability. We've used the most advanced methods and materials to deliver a lightweight practical solution for everyone, from first-time buyers to those experienced with body-armor seeking to upgrade. Most affordable armor solutions on the market today limit you to Level IIIA, Level III, or Level III+ in terms of overall protection. Adding our Level 4 Body Armor Plate can significantly enhance the protection for your vital organs when paired with standard plate carriers or inserted inside your everyday backpack, all without the addition of extreme weight.
The key to our Level 4 Body Armor Plate lightweight strength lies in the combination of Alumina Oxide Ceramic (AI203) and ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE), which are both lighter and more durable than the steel used in most Level III armor. Early adopters in police and special forces military units can already attest to the lifesaving power of these lightweight composites. After fabrication, the Level 4 Body Armor Plate is shaped to the standard 10" x 12" size used for most plate carriers with a standard right-hand shooter's cut for improved comfort. Initial plates were tested with armor piercing 5.56 mm and 30.06 rifle rounds, withstanding multiple shots in each test.
The end result? A sub-6-pound plate that's less than an inch thick can stop multiple 3,000 feet-per-second armor-piercing battle rifle rounds. And unlike most steel and ceramic Level IV offerings that weigh anywhere from 7.5–13 pounds, the Level 4 Body Armor Plate won’t break your back, literally, helping you avoid long-term lower back, hip, and knee ailments caused by carrying heavy loads. MIRA Safety is proud to offer our new MIRA Tactical Level 4 Body Armor Plate to police, military personnel, independent security contractors, and US-based civilians. It's what we wear.
What does "Level IV" protection mean?
Body armor standards are established by the National Institute of Justice, and they help buyers know what kind of protection they’re getting. Level IIIA armor, for example, is rated to stop pistol rounds up to and including .357 Magnum. Level III armor can stop some rifle rounds like the 7.62 x 39. The higher the level, the greater the protection and generally, the higher the weight and cost. That’s the beauty of the MIRA Tactical Level 4 Body Armor Plate. It provides armor-piercing protection with a slim profile that is lightweight (5.9 lbs.), comfortable (single curve), and in a shooter’s cut (excellent range of motion).
One Reason... And One Reason Only
MIRA Safety exists for one reason... and one reason only: To provide industry professionals and the general public with uncompromising equipment for personal protection, utility, and comfort. We provide the same kind of cutting-edge equipment and self-defense gear trusted by top-tier military operators—with key engineering enhancements to make them more practical and effective on the homefront. Everything in our inventory is strictly professional-grade, giving you the confidence you need to overcome obstacles in your path.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, MIRA Safety has international partnerships with agencies and law enforcement groups worldwide. Every new product we develop strives to maintain the same levels of value and uncompromising workmanship that have earned us their trust. MIRA Safety dedicates to providing viable PPE equipment for everyone—including children, the elderly, and others who don't have many choices when it comes to gas masks and respirators. Ultimately, our business is all about safety and protection, which means it's all about people. So we're dedicated to excellence in customer service and satisfaction.
- Standard 10" x 12" Level IV plate with single-curve shooter's cut configuration, making it easy to deploy in a wide variety of plate carriers.
- Optional 6" x 6" (1.70 lbs.) and 6" x 8" (2.20 lbs.) side plates that fit most standard plate carriers and cummerbunds.
- Anti-spall protection from the Ballistic ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) ensures that bullet fragments are absorbed by the plate, rather than expanding outwards causing injury to the wearer’s face or limbs.
- Upgrade your existing plate carrier with true “stand alone” Level IV body armor
- At just .9" thick and only 5.9 pounds, its LIGHTER than some less protective Level III plate configurations
- Lightweight construction thanks to advanced, weight-saving materials including Alumina Oxide Ceramic (AI203) and ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE)
- The UHMWPE extends edge to edge to offer a greater protection area.
- Offers superior protection against everything from small handguns to battle rifles and common rifle platforms like the AR-15, AK47, M4, etc.
- Ideal upgrade for a tactical backpack or a low-profile/concealed body armor configuration, where lightweight and uncompromising protection have serious benefits
- Extensively tested at a US-based laboratory in accordance with standards for NIJ Level IV armor
- Comes with a 10-year warranty to ensure your satisfaction
- Easy to read label on the back of the plate includes threat level, threat defense capability, manufacture date, and other important details
- Assembled in the USA